(Wrote a modified report like version for fakingnews. Not yet published)
Within 2 days of announcing his retirement, tributes have been flowing in from all quarters for Ajit Agarkar. I decided to do my own bit and collect all the best quotes(jokes) that have ever been showered on Ajit Agarkar. Sources of some of them could have misplaced:
- Had fakingnews, facebook, twitter been this popular 10 years back, Ajit Agarkar would have christened as the original SIR – Sir Ravinder Jadeja
- He was the best brand ambassador we could ever have. We will never find any other celebrity who was so perfect for endorsing eggs – Chief Marketing Officer – National Egg Coordination Committee
- Watching Ajit take all those wickets in ODI’s, gave me inspiration. I knew if he could do it, I can as well – Vinay Kumar, India’s premier fast bowler.
- If only an over constituted 5 balls instead of 6, Ajit Agarkar would have ended up as India’s most successful bowler ever. This proves how a stupid rule can change your life – Author of a world famous management book “Randomness of success”
- You will always be my favorite bowler Ajit. Batsmen around the world have missed you since you went out of India reckoning. Its sad now even Ranji trophy batsmen will not get a chance to face you – Mathew Hayden
- Whenever we needed a wicket and I had no other choice left, I used to look to Agarkar. I knew batsmen will take him lightly and throw their wicket away – Sourav Ganguly
- We pledge today that we will not your legacy down – Ishant Sharma & Ashok Dinda
- His, Sanjay Bangar and my performance were pivotal in India reaching the World Cup Final of 2003 – Parthiv Patel
- Agarkar could have been india’s best ever all rounder. Unfortunately, he had the worst captain during his tenure – Bishan Singh Bedi.
- I saw him on TV, bowling his out swing in same way I used to do it. Then when he came out to bat, he had exactly the same stance. I called my wife from the top floor. Unfortunately, he was out by the time she came down. But she too agreed, yes he plays exactly like you – Manoj Prabhakar, Former India all rounder.
- It is only because of people like you that people like me are so popular.Thanks Ajit for all the memories - Pagal Patrakar.